RE: GEOSTATS: Variogram Modelling for Kriging with External Drift (limited hard data case)
- Re: the above, some additional comments in addition to the two
1. Couldn't agree more with S. Johnstone's comments re: incorporating
geological info. Again, as mentioned ealier, problem is non-stationarity;
18 km is a large distance, one end could be a river channel system with
the other being a marine sand. Some familiarity with the basin model would
be crucial for successful modeling.
2. Probabilistic reserves techniques would do well with conditional simulation,
and if this is your goal, then simulate.
3. Ensure averaging volume for well averaged velocities and and seismic values
are most or less comparable; since you plan to use the seismically derived
correlation structure for the well data.
4. Hole structure indicates some sort of periodicty in the lateral direction; this
might be significant (a channel belt system)?
*To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@....
*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
of any useful responses to your questions.
*To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@... with no subject and
"unsubscribe ai-geostats" in the message body.
DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list!