[Fwd: Re[2]: GEOSTATS: GIS software and AMD's K6 processor]

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 1997
      I hope this will be the last time I have to send such mail:

      I think my position is clear in the introduction to AI-GEOSTATS at

      http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/help.html

      mmorgan@... wrote:

      > Actually, I submitted this question because it should interest anyone
      > who uses a computer for any kind of GIS related application. If people
      > who crunch a lot of numbers (like all the people on this listserv)
      > will upgrade their machines at all, they will be faced with this
      > choice from now on.

      I understand that hardware questions are important. However I don't
      want to have such requests on ai-geostats. I really want to restrict
      the mailing list to discussions about theory, case studies of general
      interest and software used in spatial stats. This is why I have created
      it and why around 1000 people have subscribed to it.

      I have seen other mailing lists collapsing because of the too important variety of
      the questions and would like to avoid such situation with ai-geostats.

      It is not because the mailing list is sometimes quiet that the subscribers should
      send questions not related to our interest. Better a mailing list with few but
      interesting questions for the reader than one with lots of questions but
      no interesting for most subscribers.

      Hope this will close the discussion.

      Thank you all for your comprehension.

      Best regards,

      Gregoire

      <gregoire.dubois@...>
      <Moderator of the ai-geostats mailing list>
      <http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/>