GEOSTATS: 3-D kriging

  • E.J. Wexler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 1997
      I was wondering if anyone knew of any good texts that deal with the practical
      aspects of kriging in three dimensions. I am looking to krige data such as
      hydraulic conductivity and other aquifer properties within a single geologic
      layer. I've read through Davis (1986) and Isaaks and Srivastava (1989)
      for basic information on ordinary and universal kriging in 2-D. Thanks in
      advance. /EJW/

    • Gregoire Dubois
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 1997
        E.J. Wexler wrote:

        > I was wondering if anyone knew of any good texts that deal with the practical
        > aspects of kriging in three dimensions. I am looking to krige data such as
        > hydraulic conductivity and other aquifer properties within a single geologic
        > layer. I've read through Davis (1986) and Isaaks and Srivastava (1989)
        > for basic information on ordinary and universal kriging in 2-D. Thanks in
        > advance. /EJW/

        The book

        "Mining Geostatistics"

        Journel A.G. & Ch. J. Huijbregts

        1978, Academic Press

        is to my optinion an excellent general reference. You will find there lots
        of case studies and also algorithms for kriging in 3 D and conditional
        simulations in 3 D.

        Best regards,

        Gregoire

        --
        Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 1997
          There's a good case study by Jinchi Chu and Andre Journel on 3D
          simulation/kriging of thickness and permeability in the AAPG textbook
          "Stochastic Modeling and Geostatistics" edited by Jeff Yarus and R.
          Chambers. Good luck.

          Syed