GEOSTATS: River net topology

  • Heinz Burger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 1997
      Dear ALL:

      We have scanned a series of line drawings of
      river nets. After skeletonizing we would like
      to analyse network topology (Horton-Strahler).
      (Total amount of 1:50 000 map sheets: 600 !)

      My questions:

      - Can you give any references for this problem

      - What software packages exist for extracting
      network topology from images?

      - Is it more economic to re-digitize the line-
      drawings - including order structure ?

      Thanks in advance,

      Heinz Burger
      Free University Berlin