GEOSTATS: indicator kriging using okb2d

  • Donald Myers
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 1997
      The Indicator kriging estimator is of the same form as the
      ordinary kriging estimator (but one uses the indicator
      data). The system of equations to obtain the coefficiente
      for the indicator kriging estimator are exactly the same
      as for ordinary kriging (but one uses the indicator variogram
      for the particular cutoff). Hence the comment about
      directly applying okb2d.

      Note however that the estimated/predicted values are not
      constrained to be between 0 and 1 and certainly not
      constrained to be only 0 or 1. The estimated values might
      better be interpreted as the values of a local conditional
      probability distribution function.

      DEMyers
      Department of Mathematics
      University of Arizona
      Tucson, AZ
      http://www.u.arizona.edu/~donaldm
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 1997
        I just have one comment. The values obtained from this application are
        the unconditional probability (not the conditional one).
        A. Ali
        A. I. Ali, Ph.D., P.E.
        New Mexico State Engineer Office
        P.O.Box 25102, Santa Fe, NM 87504