GEOSTATS: New Book on Geostatistics

  • jeff_myers@mk.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 1997
      Hello All,

      This is to announce the publication of my new book on geostatistics,
      called

      Geostatistical Error Management
      Quantifying Uncertainty For Environmental Sampling and Mapping

      I call it GEM for short, pronounced as one word. It is available through
      Van Nostrand Reinhold (VNR) in New York, ISBN 0-442-01429-5,
      hardcover, 571 pages, for US $79.95. Volume discounts can be
      arranged.

      Briefly, the unique features of the book are (1) an emphasis towards
      environmental applications (including regulatory and legal perspectives);
      and (2) an integration of Pierre Gy's Sampling Theory into the
      geostatistical and mapping process. I've also tried to keep it readable;
      my reviewers indicated that I succeeded, but I am interested in all
      feedback.

      VNR accepts orders via:

      - 800 Number (800) 842-3636
      - FAX (606) 525-7778
      - Website http://www.vnr.com
      - Mail Van Nostrand Reinhold
      Mail Order Department
      7625 Empire Drive
      Florence, KY 41042-2978

      VNR also offers a 30-day examination without risk or obligation.

      I hope that GEM will be a stimulating contribution to the geostat world.
      Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I look forward
      to discussing it with the members of the geostat community.

      Sincerely,

      Jeff Myers
      GIS/GEM Manager
      Morrison Knudsen Corporation FON (210) 244-4619
      P.O. Box 400090 FAX (210) 244-4607
      San Antonio, TX 78229 email jeff_myers@...