GEOSTATS: Seeking VRML 2.0 world map

  • John Graves
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 1997
      I am seeking a world political map in VRML 2.0 format.

      Specifically, I want each country to be an object. I plan to scale or
      extrude the different countries in the y-dimension to produce an
      animation. I probably need no more than about 100 points to define the
      perimeter of each country.

      What I have currently is a vector clip art world map that has been saved
      to DXF and converted to VRML 1.0. It has lost all country
      identification and coloring.

      I would like to create animated maps similar to Transaction Information
      Systems's VRML US Statistical Map V1.1. See
      http://www.tisny.com/vrml/usamap.html

      For more information on Virtual Reality Modeling Language see
      http://www.sdsc.edu/vrml/