GEOSTATS: Questions about universal and IRF-k kriging

  • Terence Donoghue
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 1997
      Hello All,

      I am a geostatistics novice seeking to apply an objective
      statistical tool to some 3-D environmental sampling data. We
      do artificial tracer release experiments to study horizontal and
      vertical mixing processes in the ocean. We release our tracer
      onto a constant density surface. We then sample the tracer's
      spatial distribution on an irregularly spaced horizontal grid pattern
      with approximately 25 data points in the vertical at each
      sample location. The results are vertically integrated. We get
      various "patchy" tracer distributions in the horizontal plane depending
      on the mixing. I'm looking for a software package and reference
      materials to explore both universal kriging and intrinsic random
      function of order k processing. Our requirements are that I cannot
      assume a stationary mean. I need to assume a gradient in the mean
      within a window, and I would like to calculate the uncertainties in a
      global mean not just uncertainties at a point.

      Terence Donoghue

      --
      Terry Donoghue, Sr. Research Asst. T: 508-289-2945
      Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution F: 508-457-2194
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 1997
        At 02.04 25/04/97 +0200, you wrote:
        >Hello All,
        >
        >I am a geostatistics novice seeking to apply an objective
        >statistical tool ...
        > I'm looking for a software package and reference
        >materials to explore both universal kriging and intrinsic random
        >function of order k processing. ...
        >
        >Terence Donoghue
        >
        >--
        >Terry Donoghue, Sr. Research Asst. T: 508-289-2945
        >Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution F: 508-457-2194
        >Applied Ocean Physics and Engineering Dept. E: tdonoghue@...
        >Woods Hole, MA 02543

        You can find a small FAI-k package for MS-DOS at the following site:

        http://dicm0.ing.unibo.it

        The name of the zip-file is FAIK.ZIP and you can download it
        by using the option "services available" on the site.

        This version accepts up to 200 data in 2D and can work in both
        frames, the stationary one and the FAI-k one. Structural analysis
        and kriging are devoted for maps drawing.
        The external drift feature is an option considered.
        The software, at the moment, is freeware.
        For any problem you can contact me.

        Regards

        Roberto BRUNO
        Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica, Mineraria e delle Tecnologie Ambientali
        Universita' di Bologna "Alma Mater"
        Viale Risorgimento, 2 - 40136 Bologna
        Tel. (+39-51) 6443393 - fax: (+39-51) 6443392
        E-mail: roberto.bruno@...