Re: GEOSTATS: Re: Dirichlet mosaic

  • Ken Clarkson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 1997
      Pierre PETITGAS wrote:

      > Bonjour everyone,
      >
      > I want to produce a Dirichlet mosaic associated to a given set of points in
      > space. I have not been able to find the algorithm. Does someone know of a

      http://www.geom.umn.edu:80/software/cglist
      has links to Voronoi diagram (Dirichlet mosaic) codes in 2 and higher
      dimensions, as well as a variety of other geometric codes.

      -Ken

      --
      Ken Clarkson http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/clarkson/
      Bell Laboratories, Room 2D-455,
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 1997
        Pierre PETITGAS wrote:

        > Bonjour everyone,
        >
        > I want to produce a Dirichlet mosaic associated to a given set of points in
        > space. I have not been able to find the algorithm. Does someone know of a
        > reference where it is described?
        >
        > Thanks for your help. Pierre.

        Hello,

        an online paper titled

        "Applications of 3D Delaunay triangulation algorithms in geoscientific
        modelling." (R. Lattuada, and J. Raper) can be found at

        http://www.iah.bbsrc.ac.uk/phd/gisruk95.html

        Codes and documentations can be found at:

        Triangle 1.3 (C codes) at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html
        or directly at http://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/voronoi/index.html

        Other related software can be found at

        http://www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fe_resources/mesh.html

        I will add them to the softfaq before the end of the week.

        Best regards,

        Gregoire

        --
        Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 1997
          Pierre PETITGAS wrote:

          > Bonjour everyone,
          >
          > I want to produce a Dirichlet mosaic associated to a given set of points in
          > space. I have not been able to find the algorithm. Does someone know of a
          > reference where it is described?
          >
          > Thanks for your help. Pierre.

          Bonjour Pierre,

          Some references can be found in Computers & Geosciences, with code in
          FORTRAN 77 if i remember correctly. I'll give you the list another day if
          you want it. In France, "Computers & Geosciences" is available at LYON 1
          University (Villeurbanne) from 1987 to present and, of course, at the
          library of "GEOLOGIE RECHERCHE" of PARIS 6 University (at JUSSIEU) from the
          first issue (1975 i presume) to present.

          Salutations courtoises

          Philippe AUBRY

          Laboratoire de Biometrie
          UMR CNRS 5558