Recent changes in subscribe policy and other administrivia

  • Jeff Wolfe
      ------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

      Subject: Recent changes in subscribe policy and other administrivia
      Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:52:11 -0400
      From: Jeff Wolfe <wolfe@wegener>

      Hi folks,

      Due to a recent rash of forged subscriptions to our list, I've upgraded the
      software that runs this list to the latest release of Majordomo. Among other
      things, the list now requires a confirmation from new subscribers before they
      are added to the list, which should prevent any more forged subscriptions.

      Unfortunately, I have no way to sort through the current subscriber list and
      remove the poor folks who have forged subscriptions.

      If you get this message and you do not want to be on the ai-geostats, or the
      ai-geostats-digest mailing list:

      please send a message to "majordomo@..."

      with

      "unsubscribe ai-geostats" and/or " unsubscribe ai-geostats-digest"

      in the message body and you will be removed from the list.

      To the ai-geostats subscribers: Sorry for the intrusion.. We now return you to
      your regularly scheduled programming.. :)

      - -Jeff

      ------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy