GEOSTATS: OR Session at 1999 SME Annual Meeting

  • Ahmet Unal
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 1997
      Dear Colleagues,

      Operations Research Unit Committee of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy,
      and Exploration, Inc. has started planning the Operations Research sessions
      for the 1999 SME Annual Meeting that will be held between March 1-4 in
      Denver, Colorado. Tentatively, two OR sessions are planned. The titles of
      the sessions are:
      1. OR I - Geostatistics, and
      2. OR II - Mining Systems Analysis
      The latter will encompass deterministic and probabilistic mathematical
      models, simulation, expert systems, neural networks, fuzzy sets, and the
      like. Would you please take a few moments and let me know if you are
      planning to submit an abstract? If you do, please let me also know the
      preliminary title of your abstract. The intent to submit an abstract will
      not be binding on your part. You are welcome to make suggestions for
      session topics or titles as the foregoing are tentative. This information
      will help us finalize the number and the topics of the OR sessions in
      Denver. My apologies if you receive duplicate copies of this message from
      different list servers. Thanks.

      Dr. Ahmet Unal Phone: (573) 341-4838
      Dept. of Mining Engineering Fax: (573) 341-6934
      University of Missouri-Rolla WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~unala/
      Rolla, MO 65409-0450 E-Mail: unala@...
    • Robert B Szerbiak
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 1997
        Just get me the 400 MB when it comes available.

        Bob