Re: GEOSTATS: testing anisotropy

  • Agustin Lobo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 1997
      On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Javier Gallego wrote:

      > Hello everybody!
      >
      > I have several data sets on land use, and I believe they are basically anisotropic
      > at least for the distances (up to 40 km) for which I want to compute correlograms.
      >
      > I would like to test the hypothesis of anisotropy before making computations
      > under this assumption.
      >
      > So far I could not find any hypothesis test for this.
      > Can anybody give me a hint on references about this topic?

      Do you refer to directional anisotropy? If so, then
      directional semivariograms (or correlograms) should be
      compared. Deutsch and Journel (1992) GSLIB ox. Uni. Press could
      be an start point. Are you planning to interpolate or are you just
      testing hypothesis?

      Agus

      Dr. Agustin Lobo
      Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
      Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
      08028 Barcelona SPAIN
      tel 34 3 330 2716
      fax 34 3 411 0012