GEOSTATS: Q: nearest-neighbour analysis: points-lines

  • peter.caruana@usa.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 1997
      Hello all. I've run up a problem (doubt) while doing nearest-neighbour
      statistics. Davis explains in his book 'Statistics in Geology'
      how to check if a set of points is randomly distributed, but
      I would like to check if a set of points is ramdomly distributed
      in relation to a set of lines. I was wondering if the point test
      could be used considering point-to-nearest-line distances instead.

      Thanks in advance.

      Peter

      University of Cordoba
      Spain, EU