GEOSTATS: Exponential models in S-Plus and GEOEAS

  • Alison_Riding@adas.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 1997
      This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for Viruses
      by ADAS before dispatch to the Internet.

      Form: Memo
      Text: (27 lines follow)

      Dear Geostats group

      I have been applying semivariogram parameters that I have fitted in GEOEAS
      to the same data in S-Plus and have found that for Exponential models, a
      model that fits well in GEOEAS fits badly in S-Plus and vice versa. Has
      anyone else experienced this - if so, is there any answer? It seems to be
      related mostly to the range parameter.

      If anyone can shed light on this, I would be very grateful.

      Best wishes to all

      Alison
      Dr Alison Riding
      ADAS