GEOSTATS: Geoeas on Solaris

  • Linda Lilburne
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 1997
      Has anyone tried installing geoeas on a sun workstation? I'm not having
      much luck getting geoeas to work on my sun solaris 2.4 workstation. The
      only binary that works is prevar. Xstat1, vario etc get hung up on
      displaying the menu screen - i.e. I get the opening screen, (press <ret> to
      continue), then get a '-' in the top left and nothing more.

      I wonder if the problem might be that the binaries are for SunOS, or that I
      am running openwindows?

      So then I tried getting the source and compiling using GNU's gcc
      and fortran compilers and get a *lot* of errors - it falls over as soon as it
      starts.

      Has anyone got geoeas working on a solaris 2.4 machine? If so, do
      you have any clues for me?

      Cheers
      Linda Lilburne (email: lilburnel@...)
      Scientist - spatially based systems
      Landcare Research NZ
      P.O. Box 69, Lincoln, New Zealand
      Ph +64 3 325 6700 Fax +64 3 325 2418
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 1997
        This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for Viruses
        by ADAS before dispatch to the Internet.

        Form: Reply
        Text: (21 lines follow)

        Linda,

        Unfortunately I had a lot of these problems installing GEOEAS for Unix, a
        few months ago, and gave up !! Hope you have better luck.
        Alison

        ________________________________
        Dr Alison Riding
        ADAS
        Woodthorne
        Wolverhampton
        WV6 8TQ
        U.K.

        Tel: +44 (0) 1902 693129
        Fax: +44 (0) 1902 693166
        E-Mail: Alison_Riding@...
        Original text: (36 lines follow)
        >From owner-ai-geostats@..., on 12/03/97 08:54:
        This mail message, and any attachments, has been checked for
        Viruses by the ITC.

[...]

        Previous From: owner-ai-geostats@...
        Previous To: ai-geostats@...
        Original to: ai-geostats@...