Re: GEOSTATS: Looking for reference

  • Anthony Rossini
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
      I didn't follow up to the list, but I should mention that Andy Long's
      HTML documention for GeoEAS (he added cokriging and did a Unix port)
      is available over WWW at:
      http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/doc/geoeas/

      If it helps, it helps. If it doesn't, or there are errors, blame me,
      not Andy, (but I won't be able to fix them any time in the near
      future).

      -tony

      Anatoly> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, roswell marjorie wrote:

      >> In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics,
      >> I've tried to download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps)
      >> from: ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/
      >>
      >> It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a
      >> postscript file. I can't open it.
      >>
      >> Any hints?

      Anatoly> I've used standard UNIX uncompress utility, and it
      Anatoly> created usual .ps file (rename the source file into
      Anatoly> something.Z and type uncompress something.Z)

      Anatoly> P.S. Thanks for help, I've tryed to find documentation
      Anatoly> for a long time . .

      ----
      -tony (Anthony Rossini) Asst. Prof and General Nuisance
      Department of Statistics rossini@...
      University of South Carolina http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/
      Columbia, SC 29208 803-777-3578(O) ..7-4048 (fax)
    • Mohammad J Abedini
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
        Hi all

        I did follow the recent suggestion on uncompressing the file geoeas.ps
        with some .Z extension and it worked ok for me. Upon uncompressing the
        file, it turns out that the uncompressed file is around 4MB. I viewed it
        in "ghostview" and realized that it is only 118 pages. The 4MB size is
        mainly due to some images being included into the file. Unfortunately, our
        laser printer cannot handle such a big file, so I divided the original
        file into a number of chunks. In case, others run into the same problem,
        let me know I will make the chunks available.

        Best of luck.
        Abedini
        \|||/
        (o o)
        +=================oOO==(_)==OOo=================+
        |_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
        |__|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|__|__|__|
        |_____| |_____|
        |__|__| Mohammad J. Abedini |__|__|
        |_____| School of Engineering |_____|
        |_____| University of Guelph |_____|
        |_____| Guelph Ont, N1G 2W1 |_____|
        |__|__| Tel.:(519) 824-4120 ext. 4321 (W) |__|__|
        |__|__| Tel.:(519) 821-1199 (H) |__|__|
        |_____| Fax :(519) 836-0227 |_____|
        |_____| e-mail: mabedini@... |_____|
        The world is your exercise-book, the pages on which you do your sums.
        You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.

        Richard Bach