GEOSTATS: geostats in social science

  • James Long
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 1997
      I am new to this list and to the field of geo-statistics. I have read the
      FAQ and I am currently reading some books on geostats. I am in the field of
      social sciences, particularly agricultural economics. My interests involve
      using goestats to annalize the USDA Natural Resource Inventory (NRI)
      database. Is anyone else on this list using geostats on social science
      data? What about the NRI in particular.

      I am looking for info on the state of geostats in social science. I believe
      that I may try to publish an article or two in a few journals in the near
      future. It seems that this rather uncharted territory.

      James Long
      Department of Agricultural. Economics
      University of Kentucky, USA
      \\\|///
      \ ~ ~ /
      (\ @ @ /)
      +------------o000--(_)--000o-------------+
      | James Long |
      | Department of Agricultural Economics |
      | University of KY |
      | Lexington, KY 40526-0145 |
      | phone (606)323-4518 |
      | jdlong00@... |

      "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country
      and talked with the best people, and I can assure you
      that data processing is a fad that won't last out the
      year." --The editor in charge of business books for
      Prentice Hall, 1957

    • Gregoire Dubois
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 1997
        James Long wrote:

        > I am new to this list and to the field of geo-statistics. I have read the
        > FAQ and I am currently reading some books on geostats. I am in the field of
        > social sciences, particularly agricultural economics. My interests involve
        > using goestats to annalize the USDA Natural Resource Inventory (NRI)
        > database. Is anyone else on this list using geostats on social science
        > data? What about the NRI in particular.
        >
        > I am looking for info on the state of geostats in social science. I believe
        > that I may try to publish an article or two in a few journals in the near
        > future. It seems that this rather uncharted territory.
        >
        > James Long
        > Department of Agricultural. Economics
        > University of Kentucky, USA

        a book maybe which could be of your interest:

        Haining R. (1990)

        "Spatial data analysis in the social and environmental sciences"

        Cambridge University Press

        Regards,

        Gregoire

        --
        Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
        Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66