GEOSTATS: Misclassification Question

  • Andrew Gill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 1997
      Hi All

      I have been reading Isaaks and Srivastava about cross validation and they
      mention that no method for minimizing the misclassification error has been
      produced, in the way kriging minimizes the error variance.

      Seeing as this book is some year old now, is this still the case?

      Andrew
      Dr Andrew Gill Room:203d

      Department of Applied Mathematics Email: agill@...
      Mathematics Building Phone: 08-3035577
      The University of Adelaide Fax: 08-3033696
      Adelaide, SA, 5005
      http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/Applied/staff/agill.html