Re: GEOSTATS: Trend Surface Analysis software

  • Isobel Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2000
      If you guys are that desperate I published a program
      in Computers and Geosciences in 1977 (I think). The
      reference will be in
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/publications.html

      It was called SNARK and was for 3-d data.

      Trend Surface Analysis is basically just ordinary
      least squares. Any stat package which does least
      squares regression should do all the relevant tests as
      well.

      The `theory' of PTSA and Analysis of Variance testing
      is in Practical Geostatistics 2000, Chapter 7.

      If you are willing (or allowed) to share your data
      with the world, contact me and I'll turn it into a
      valid file for the free 'book' software

      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/PG2000_demo.html

      Isobel Clark
      +27 11 726 3729