GEOSTATS: Test for drift

  • Cees and Nelleke Swager
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2000
      Hello everyone,

      I am a newcomer to the subject of geostatistics and find the going very tough.

      I think I have a very simple question, but one which has been bugging me for quite some time now.
      The question has its origin from the field of traditional statistics:

      Is there any way you can test for drift in a set of samples, which have a distribution which are part of what appears to be a very lognormal distribution?

      I get the impression from the literature that drift is interpreted when the experimental variogram is not 'behaving' very well. However, there appear to be numerous other factors which can explain this misbehaviour.

      Any comments, including tips on treating lognormally distributed data, are welcome.

      Regards,

      Nelleke Swager