GEOSTATS: EUG XI symposium

  • Diego Perugini
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2000
      Dear Colleagues:

      We are organizing a topical symposium for the EUG XI to be held in
      Strasbourg (France) (8-12/4/2001), which may be of interest to you.
      This symposium (H2) is entitled:

      NON-LINEAR AND CHAOTIC DYNAMICS IN IGNEOUS PETROLOGY

      Convened by:
      Giampiero Poli (Perugia) polig@...
      Diego Perugini (Perugia) diegop@...

      Rationale for the Session
      Application of non-linear and chaotic dynamics has had significant
      impact in the last decade on all scientific fields. The aim of the
      session is to provide a forum for the discussion of applications of
      non-linearity and chaos theory to igneous petrology problems, making
      special efforts to promote connections between the deterministic and
      stochastic traditions. Contributions are expected to cover all the
      topics related to non-linear and chaotic dynamics in igneous petrology.
      In particular, presentations on the following subjects are encouraged:
      chaotic dynamics, analysis and prediction of chaotic systems, fractal
      geometry, cellular automata, and neural networks.

      We encourage researchers in the field of igneous petrology to
      participate in this session and to submit abstracts.

      Deadline for abstract submission: 30 November 2000

      More information on the EUG XI are at the website
      http://eost.u-strasbg.fr/EUG

      Giampiero, Diego