GEOSTATS: References or code for Variograms of weighed data?

  • Bob Sandefur
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2000
      I have some
      x y z weighting_factor value

      Which I want to variogram; The one package (commercial) I found to do variograms of weighted data is, I beleive, wrong (Variogram of data with all values set to 5 was non zero and looked like white noise).

      An iintuitive formula is
      loop n samples
      var(ilag) = var(ilag) +wtpti*wtptj* [(gradepti-gradeptj)]**2
      wt(ilag) = wt(ilag) + (wtpi*wtpj)
      end of loop
      then
      var(ilag) = var(ilag) * 0.5 / wt(ilag)

      Does anyone have any code, refereneces or opinons on/for variography of weighed data>

      Thanx

      Bob Sandefur
      Principal Geostatistician
      Pincock, Allen and Holt, Inc.