GEOSTATS: Sum #2: meaning of this semi variogram

  • Linda Lilburne
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hi

      My apologies to Marc Genton - I inadvertently misfiled his response to my
      question about interpreting a semivariogram which I summarised
      yesterday. He advised me

      "to use a robust estimator of the variogram (note: the Cressie-Hawkins
      one is not) and see whether this large value still exist. See for example
      my paper: Genton, M. G., (1998): "Highly Robust Variogram Estimation",
      Mathematical Geology, Vol. 30, No. 2, 213-221.
      There is an S-plus (v3.4) function of this highly robust variogram
      estimator that can be downloaded from my web page
      http://www-math.mit.edu/~genton"

      Regards
      Linda