Re: GEOSTATS: Spatial Statistics

  • Dr. Ned Levine
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28 5:41 AM
      least three of the topics you're interested in (central tendency, kernel
      estimation, nearest neighbor analysis). The program and documentation are
      free and can be downloaded from

      http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/NACJD/crimestat.html

      Ned Levine

      At 02:37 PM 8/27/2000 +0930, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
      >geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
      > Central Tendancy
      > Inverse Areal Moment
      > Naive Estimator
      > Kernel Estimator
      > and Nearest Neighbour analysis
      >
      >If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.
      >
      >Cheers....Chris
      >

      >--
      >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
      >of any useful responses to your questions.

      Ned Levine, PhD
      Ned Levine & Associates
      Annandale, VA

    • Patrick van Laake
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28 12:46 PM
        Sujit and Chris:

        Since you have access to the internet it would be helpful if you could start
        searching yourselves and then direct any specific questions to this forum.

        Chris, you should be able to pick up the information you are looking for from
        books by such authors as AG Journel, CJ Huijbregts, EH Isaaks, RM Srivastava.

        Patrick

      • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2000
          Hi there,
          I know the software CrimeStat has some of these capabilities.
          I would also be interested in whatever info you find on the topics. Would
          appreciate it if you can forward them to me at basil_loh@.... Thanks!

          Warmest regards.
          Basil

          owner-ai-geostats@...