GEOSTATS: visualizing the spatio-temporal determinants for Nazi voting

  • Christian Stoegbauer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 12:01 AM
      Dear colleagues,

      I would like to bring to your attention an interactive, map-based
      internet project, Weimar Voting, concerning the electoral determinants
      of the political collapse of the Weimar Republic and the Nazi Seizure of
      Power. You may find this project interesting as a new way for
      visualizing spatio-temporal, socio-economic data.

      The URL is:
      http://www.weimar-voting.de

      Weimar Voting is based on an intuitive display of information in a
      series of interactive, 3D maps. The maps display the socio-structural
      determinants of voting for the two radical parties Nazis and Communists
      against the background of the Depression.

      I would appreciate your comments on the usefulness of this project for
      teaching and suggestions for further improvement.

      Best,
      Christian Stoegbauer

      --
      Christian Stögbauer