Re: GEOSTATS: Spatial Statistics

  • Sujit Kumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26 10:36 PM
      Can somebody please provide detailed document (or links) on Object
      Modeling/Fluvial Simulation.
      Thanks in advance,
      SK

      Chris Johnson wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
      > geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
      > Central Tendancy
      > Inverse Areal Moment
      > Naive Estimator
      > Kernel Estimator
      > and Nearest Neighbour analysis
      >
      > If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.
      >
      > Cheers....Chris

    • Dr. Ned Levine
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28 5:41 AM
        least three of the topics you're interested in (central tendency, kernel
        estimation, nearest neighbor analysis). The program and documentation are
        free and can be downloaded from

        http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/NACJD/crimestat.html

        Ned Levine

        At 02:37 PM 8/27/2000 +0930, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        >
        >I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
        >geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
        > Central Tendancy
        > Inverse Areal Moment
        > Naive Estimator
        > Kernel Estimator
        > and Nearest Neighbour analysis
        >
        >If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.
        >
        >Cheers....Chris
        >

        >--
        >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
        >of any useful responses to your questions.

        Ned Levine, PhD
        Ned Levine & Associates
        Annandale, VA

      • Patrick van Laake
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28 12:46 PM
          Sujit and Chris:

          Since you have access to the internet it would be helpful if you could start
          searching yourselves and then direct any specific questions to this forum.

          Chris, you should be able to pick up the information you are looking for from
          books by such authors as AG Journel, CJ Huijbregts, EH Isaaks, RM Srivastava.

          Patrick

        • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2000
            Hi there,
            I know the software CrimeStat has some of these capabilities.
            I would also be interested in whatever info you find on the topics. Would
            appreciate it if you can forward them to me at basil_loh@.... Thanks!

            Warmest regards.
            Basil

            owner-ai-geostats@...