GEOSTATS: Spatial Statistics

  • Chris Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2000
      Hello,

      I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
      geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
      Central Tendancy
      Inverse Areal Moment
      Naive Estimator
      Kernel Estimator
      and Nearest Neighbour analysis

      If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.

      Cheers....Chris

    • Sujit Kumar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2000
        Can somebody please provide detailed document (or links) on Object
        Modeling/Fluvial Simulation.
        Thanks in advance,
        SK

        Chris Johnson wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
        > geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
        > Central Tendancy
        > Inverse Areal Moment
        > Naive Estimator
        > Kernel Estimator
        > and Nearest Neighbour analysis
        >
        > If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.
        >
        > Cheers....Chris

      • Dr. Ned Levine
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2000
          least three of the topics you're interested in (central tendency, kernel
          estimation, nearest neighbor analysis). The program and documentation are
          free and can be downloaded from

          http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/NACJD/crimestat.html

          Ned Levine

          At 02:37 PM 8/27/2000 +0930, you wrote:
          >Hello,
          >
          >I am undertaking a Degree in GIS at Uni of South Australia and am new to
          >geostatistics. I'm after information on the following subjects:
          > Central Tendancy
          > Inverse Areal Moment
          > Naive Estimator
          > Kernel Estimator
          > and Nearest Neighbour analysis
          >
          >If any one has any documents on these topics I'd be happy to here from you.
          >
          >Cheers....Chris
          >

          >--
          >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
          >of any useful responses to your questions.

          Ned Levine, PhD
          Ned Levine & Associates
          Annandale, VA

        • Patrick van Laake
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2000
            Sujit and Chris:

            Since you have access to the internet it would be helpful if you could start
            searching yourselves and then direct any specific questions to this forum.

            Chris, you should be able to pick up the information you are looking for from
            books by such authors as AG Journel, CJ Huijbregts, EH Isaaks, RM Srivastava.

            Patrick

          • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2000
              Hi there,
              I know the software CrimeStat has some of these capabilities.
              I would also be interested in whatever info you find on the topics. Would
              appreciate it if you can forward them to me at basil_loh@.... Thanks!

              Warmest regards.
              Basil

              owner-ai-geostats@...