GEOSTATS: Anisotropies

  • Nicos Nanos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2000
      Dear all,
      Two types of anisotropy have been reported in the literature: geometric (different range) and zonal (different sill). I am faced with two directional variograms (for two perpendicular directions) with different  nugget. Actually one of the variograms is a pure nugget effect one, while the other presents a great percentage of spatially structured variance.
      I would like to ask if something like this is likely to be observed or is it just a bad dataset?
      Are there any suggestions on how to model this structure?

      Best regards
      Nikos