Re: GEOSTATS: multinomial logit model for transition probability

  • Chuck Ehlschlaeger
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 1997
      Yiqiu Yao wrote:

      > I am a postgraduate student in GIS. In my study I will use
      > multinomial logit model to calculate the transition probability
      > of land use change. Has anybody out there familiar with this method?
      > How I can calculate the logit coefficient of the model. Is there
      > any application reference I can find? I appreciate your help very

      Check out:

      http://everest.hunter.cuny.edu/~chuck/acm/paper.html

      for a copy of "Dealing with Uncertainty in Categorical Coverage Maps:
      Defining, Visualizing, and Managing Errors". This paper includes a
      section describing a model for representing transition probability in a
      field (as apposed to an object representation of data.

      If your looking an object representation, see:

      http://everest.hunter.cuny.edu/~chuck/MeanLines/

      for "MEAN OBJECTS: EXTENDING THE CONCEPT OF CENTRAL TENDENCY TO COMPLEX
      SPATIAL OBJECTS IN GIS" or Vol. 1 of IJGIS.

      Sincerely,
      chuck
      --
      Charles R. Ehlschlaeger, Assistant Professor
      Department of Geography, Hunter College

      "Come to New York, its not as filthy as you think"
      - from Crazy People