GEOSTATS: Fractal analysis of spatial correlation

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 1905
      Dear all,

      I'm looking for papers/case studies about the use of the
      fractal dimension applied to the spatial correlation of
      geostatistical data (if possible highly variable in space).

      This approach is based on

      BURROUGH P. A. (1981). Fractal dimension of landscapes and other environmental
      data. Nature, 294: 240-242.

      The fractal dimension D is calculated here as a function of
      the slope of a log-log semivariogram plot:

      D = 2 - m / 2

      where
      D = the Hausdorff-Besicovitch statistic,
      m = the slope of a log-log semivariogram.

      Thank you very much for any help,

      Best regards

      Gregoire

      Gregoire Dubois