GEOSTATS: philosophical question

  • rplbrian@co.washington.wi.us
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2000
      Richard,

      You have hit upon something which has troubled me for sometime.... How do you
      communicate the reality of the data operating behind a map to the user/viewer of
      the map? I regularly suggest to users of maps produced by my staff to read a
      Mark Monmonier's "How to Lie with Maps". For the general user of cartographic
      products, it clearly summarizes much of what I try to convey to them in
      conversations.

      Brian Braithwaite
      Washington County
      Real Property Lister/GIS Manager