GEOSTATS: Geostats from raster

  • Guillaume Larocque
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2000
      Hi,

      being a non-geostatistician, I have two questions which may be very basic...

      1) Is there any fundamental or conceptual problem associated with the
      creation of semivariograms from grids/rasters? To me, it seems like a
      logical thing to do but I never came across it in the literature. I can
      think of some interesting applications in remote sensing. If anyone has good
      references relating to this subject, I would be interested in knowing them.

      2) Are there any techniques to compute the equivalent of
      semi/cross-variograms from two different sampling supports covering the same
      study area? i.e. without having to estimate values of one sampling grid on
      the other. This could be useful, for example, in agricultural studies for
      comparing values taken one year with values taken the year after.

      I will summarize,

      Thank You,

      Guillaume Larocque
      Macdonald Campus of McGill University