GEOSTATS: ecological risk assessment conference

  • brgray
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 8:15 AM
      The Society for Risk Analysis is looking for presenters for a session on
      "Spatially-sensitive" ecological risk assessments, December 3-6 in
      Arlington, VA. (I know: What ecological process is not spatially
      sensitive??...) They are looking for 4 platform contributions (15+5
      minutes) and almost any number of poster contributions. You may not
      work directly with ERAs (I don't directly either). However, even if you
      don't but still are interested in ecology, you may find that the field
      could benefit from your methodological skills. Spatial and/or
      spatiotemporal autocorrelation is an important issue--but is (IMO)
      frequently poorly addressed

      As background, SRA and it's annual meeting is dominated by nonecology
      folks (eg engineers). Information about SRA can be found at
      www.sra.org/about.htm while abstracts from last year's meeting are at
      www.riskworld.com/Abstract/AB9ME001.HTM The SRA Ecological Risk
      Assessment group is fairly new (~ 2 yrs old) and fairly small. We may
      have had only 30 folks at last year's ERA sessions. However, the group
      is growing and offers the opportunity of merging
      quantitative/statistical approaches with ecological interests

      If you would like to present, you can do so online at SRA abstracts
      SRA is not offering subsidies other than those listed at sra.org
      (believe a student travel award may be offered)

      I'll attach a copy of the proposed ERA session

      Cheers

      Brian Gray
      * Brian R. Gray
      * Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
      * School of Public Health
      * University of South Carolina
      * Columbia, SC 29208
      * phone (803) 777-1765; fax (803) 777-8769; email brgray@...