GEOSTATS: how to detect a trend ?

  • Klemens Barfus
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 7:28 AM
      Hello !
      A beginners-question again : I have have data which I want to interpolate,
      but before I would like to know, if there is a spatial trend. I make plots
      data versus x-coordinate and data versus y-coordinate and cannot detect an
      obvious trend. then I generate a trend-plain in the programm gstat and this
      plain has a spatial trend ...
      But how to know if the trend is significant ? Can I see this on the
      prediction-variance of the trend-plain or are there other test like a
      Men-Kendall-Test for spatial trends ?
      Thanks for your help
      Klemens

      --