GEOSTATS: SPtial analysis studentship

  • murray lark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 12:47 AM
      Dear List,

      I have recently obtained a BBSRC Ph.D. studentship to commence in the autumn
      of 2000 at Silsoe Research Institute (Bedford, England) and the University
      of Reading. I am looking for a student to take it up.

      We will be using spatial analysis of data from sensor systems used in field
      survey (e.g. electromagnetic inductance)for investigating soil variation at
      within-field scales. We will use geostatistical and wavelet methods for
      analysis, so the student will have to be reasonably competent in mathematics
      and statistics, as well as being willing to get his/her hands dirty.

      University supervision will be provided by Dr Margaret Oliver, and the
      student will register at the University of Reading. More details can be
      found by visiting the Silsoe Research Institute website at
      http://www.sri.bbsrc.ac.uk/ and following the Studentship link from the text
      on the Welcome page. I can be contacted at murray.lark@.... BBSRC
      rules limit the eligibility of students who are not UK nationals. EU
      citizens must meet certain residential requirements which can be found via
      the above website.

      Murray Lark

      **************************************

      R.M. Lark