GEOSTATS: Beginners question: deal with trend and zonal anisotropy

  • Klemens Barfus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14 7:14 AM
      Hello !
      I am a beginner in geostatistics and have some questions concerning trend
      and zonal anisotropy.
      In my data of cloud cover in germany I have an obvious trend of decreasing
      cloud amount from north to the south. I have a zonal anisotropy too, with
      the following variogramms:
      North-South
      linear with sill, Nugget 0.005 Sill 0.06 Range 400
      east west
      linear with sill, Nugget 0.0 Sill 0.210 range 540

      How to deal with something like this. I have read in the
      gstat-users-manual, that the type linear with sill is only for one-dimensional-modelling. But
      which type to use then ?
      How to deal with the trend. Shall I have to use universal kriging because
      of the trend ? But with which model concerning the zonal anisotropy should I
      use ?
      Thanks for your help !
      Klemens

      --