GEOSTATS: Precision farming: sampling methods

  • Carlo Giupponi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2000
      dear List,
      here at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Padova we have
      started a research project on precision farming (i.e. cultivation practices
      able to take into account the intra-field spatial variability thanks to new
      machineries, GPS, GIS, etc.).

      We are now planning data acquisition activities to describe the spatial
      variability of soil characteristics, weeds, pests, etc., within the
      cultivation unit. Geostatistical analyses will be applied to the results of
      field data collection.

      At this regard we will appreciate very much to have suggestions from the
      List about specific methods for spatial sampling oriented to operational
      applications (references, web resources, etc.).

      I will summarise the results.

      Thank you in advance,

      Carlo Giupponi
      Dipartimento di Agronomia Ambientale e Produzioni Vegetali
      Universita' di Padova
      Via Romea, 16 I-35020 Legnaro (PD) Italia
      Tel ++39-049-8272837 Fax ++39-049-8272839