GEOSTATS: Position

  • Carlos Villacastin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      Dear list members,

      I would like to put forward a job announcement (2-year Post-Doctoral
      position) that has arisen within my Unit for a person with knowledge of GIS
      and geostatistics for your consideration. Please distribute it as you see
      fit. Thank you very much for all your help.

      Carlos

      The candidate main line of work will be the assessment of environmental
      parameters derived from satellite and other sources and their possible
      influence in the field of fisheries. The work will include the Time Series
      Analysis of the environmental parameters as well as the application of
      multivariate statistics for the determination of possible relationships
      between spatial patterns of environmental data and fish distribution and
      recruitment . Participate in research on Geographic Information Systems
      (GIS) involved in the management of marine resources.

      Requirements:

      Scientific: A Ph.D, or equivalent. Good knowledge of statistics and
      Geographic Information Systems. Knowledge of the techniques used in the
      operation of computer-oriented scientific information services, like image
      processing, matrix manipulation etc... Knowledge of fisheries and/or remote
      sensing an advantage.

      Personal: The candidate must be a European National. Initiative, high sense
      of responsibility and ability to plan and organize work is a must as is the
      ability to write clear, concise summaries of complex scientific/technical
      material.

      Any person interested, please forward curriculum vitae, to the attention of
      Carlos Villacastin at the address below:

      Carlos A. Villacastin Herrero
      Marine Environment Unit
      Space Applications Institute
      Joint Research Centre