Re: GEOSTATS: Looking for reference

  • Dubois Gregoire
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
      For those interested by the same reference, here it is:

      The proceedings have been published by the USDA Forest Service, Rocky
      Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station, Fort Collins, CO.

      Reference:

      Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental
      Sciences: Second International Symposium.

      H. Todd Mowrer, Raymond L. Czaplewski,and R.H. Hamre (eds.),
      USDA Forest Service
      General Technical Report RM-GTR-277.

      Thanks a lot to Rick Landenberger <rlanden@...>

      Gregoire
      --
      Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
      Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
        In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics, I've tried to
        download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps) from:
        ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/

        It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a postscript file.
        I can't open it.

        Any hints?

        (By the way, no one wrote indicating that there were any errata prepared
        for the book Applied Geostatistics.)

        Margie
        Marjorie Roswell, Spatial Analyst
        UMBC Center for Health Program Development and Management
        1000 Hilltop Circle Fx: (410)455-6850
        Baltimore, MD 21250 E: roswell@...
        Ph: (410)455-6802 http://umbc.edu/~roswell/mipage.html

      • John Kern
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 1997
          Here is the full cite for those proceedings:

          copies available through /s=r.schneider/oul=s28a@...
          or
          phone: 970 498-1719

          Spatial accuracy assessment in natural resources and environmental sciences:
          Second international symposium, May 21-23, 1996. Fort Collins, Colorado.
          Eds. H.Todd Mowrer, Raymond L. Czaplewski, R.H. Hamre. General Technical
          Report RM-GTR-277. Rocky Mtn Forest and Range Experiment Station Fort
          Collins CO 80526.

          >Greetings,
          >
          >have the papers presented at
          >
          >> THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON
          >> SPATIAL ACCURACY ASSESSMENT
          >> IN NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
          >>
          >> May 21-23, 1996
          >> Colorado State University
          >> Fort Collins, Colorado.
          >

          >been published somewhere ? (proceedings ? Book ?)
          >
          >Does someone has the reference of it ?
          >
          >Thanks for your help,
          >
          >Gregoire
          >--
          >Gregoire Dubois (PhD student) Tel. 39-332-78.99.44
          >Joint Research Centre Fax. 39-332-78.54.66
          >Environment Inst. TP 321 Email: gregoire.dubois@...
          >I-21020 Ispra (Va), ITALY URL: http://java.ei.jrc.it/rem/gregoire/
          >--
          >*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
          >of any useful responses to your questions.

        • Anatoly Saveliev
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 1997
            On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, roswell marjorie wrote:

            > In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics, I've tried to
            > download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps) from:
            > ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/
            >
            > It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a postscript file.
            > I can't open it.
            >
            > Any hints?

            I've used standard UNIX uncompress utility, and it created usual .ps file
            (rename the source file into something.Z and type uncompress something.Z)

            P.S. Thanks for help, I've tryed to find documentation for a long time . .
          • Anthony Rossini
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
              I didn't follow up to the list, but I should mention that Andy Long's
              HTML documention for GeoEAS (he added cokriging and did a Unix port)
              is available over WWW at:
              http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/doc/geoeas/

              If it helps, it helps. If it doesn't, or there are errors, blame me,
              not Andy, (but I won't be able to fix them any time in the near
              future).

              -tony

              Anatoly> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, roswell marjorie wrote:

              >> In my ongoing effort to learn something about geostatistics,
              >> I've tried to download the Geoeas postscript manual (geoeas.ps)
              >> from: ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/
              >>
              >> It appears to be some sort of binary file, rather than a
              >> postscript file. I can't open it.
              >>
              >> Any hints?

              Anatoly> I've used standard UNIX uncompress utility, and it
              Anatoly> created usual .ps file (rename the source file into
              Anatoly> something.Z and type uncompress something.Z)

              Anatoly> P.S. Thanks for help, I've tryed to find documentation
              Anatoly> for a long time . .

              ----
              -tony (Anthony Rossini) Asst. Prof and General Nuisance
              Department of Statistics rossini@...
              University of South Carolina http://www.stat.sc.edu/~rossini/
              Columbia, SC 29208 803-777-3578(O) ..7-4048 (fax)
            • Mohammad J Abedini
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 1997
                Hi all

                I did follow the recent suggestion on uncompressing the file geoeas.ps
                with some .Z extension and it worked ok for me. Upon uncompressing the
                file, it turns out that the uncompressed file is around 4MB. I viewed it
                in "ghostview" and realized that it is only 118 pages. The 4MB size is
                mainly due to some images being included into the file. Unfortunately, our
                laser printer cannot handle such a big file, so I divided the original
                file into a number of chunks. In case, others run into the same problem,
                let me know I will make the chunks available.

                Best of luck.
                Abedini
                \|||/
                (o o)
                +=================oOO==(_)==OOo=================+
                |_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
                |__|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|__|__|__|
                |_____| |_____|
                |__|__| Mohammad J. Abedini |__|__|
                |_____| School of Engineering |_____|
                |_____| University of Guelph |_____|
                |_____| Guelph Ont, N1G 2W1 |_____|
                |__|__| Tel.:(519) 824-4120 ext. 4321 (W) |__|__|
                |__|__| Tel.:(519) 821-1199 (H) |__|__|
                |_____| Fax :(519) 836-0227 |_____|
                |_____| e-mail: mabedini@... |_____|
                The world is your exercise-book, the pages on which you do your sums.
                You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.

                Richard Bach