GEOSTATS: Interpolation, voxel generation in 3D

  • Hogeweg,M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2000
      Hi all,

      Given a cloud of points in 3D. Each point has a certain value. The following
      would mean a great deal to me (and the progress of my MSc):
      - Being able to put a plane in this 3D cloud and show iso-lines on the plan
      that resemble the values at the 3D points.
      - Being able to create polyhedra (or voxels, 3d equivalent to pixels) such
      that each polyhedron fills up part of space where the value is between some
      lower and upper bound (3d classification).

      I have been searching the web and have come up with some nice programs.
      However the algorithms used are not that easy to locate. Any hints?

      drs. Marten Hogeweg
      Business Consultant

      ESRI Nederland B.V.
      Tel : 010 - 217 07 00
      Gsm: 06 - 224 54 124
      Fax: 010 - 217 07 99
      mailto:m.hogeweg@...
      http://www.esrinl.com

    • Reed D. Copsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2000
        Our software, EVS and EVS-PRO can do exactly what you want. We offer an
        educational discount of 65%, and if you only have one dataset, we would be
        willing to put passwords on it to allow you to use the demo version for
        free.

        You can download the demo version from our website. Please contact me if
        you have any additional questions.

        Reed D. Copsey, President
        C Tech Development Corporation
        16091 Santa Barbara Lane