GEOSTATS: Resource help please

  • HB603210
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 1999
      I am presently working on my final year project for a degree in Statistics
      and the subject is "Spatial interpolation methods".
      Does anybody know of any good web sites that I can use as a resource tool to
      help me any of the following:
      Trend surface analysis
      Spatial interpolation
      Regionalised variables
      Variograms
      Kriging
      Use of Splus (version 4.5) with spatial library

      Many thanks for your time and I greatly appreciate any help.

      Glen
    • Heinz Burger
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 1999
        Hello Glen!
        There still exist antiquated but very helpful media where you can find answers
        to your questions concentrated in a single source:
        e.g. J. C. Davis' textbook: Statistics and data analysis in geology (Wiley)

        Heinz Burger

        > Does anybody know of any good web sites that I can use as a resource tool to
        > help me any of the following:
        > Trend surface analysis
        > Spatial interpolation
        > Regionalised variables
        > Variograms
        > Kriging
        > Use of Splus (version 4.5) with spatial library
        >
        > Many thanks for your time and I greatly appreciate any help.
        >
        > Glen

        Dr. Heinz Burger
        Freie Universitaet Berlin
        - Geoinformatik -
        Malteserstr. 74-100
        12249 BERLIN, Germany
        Tel. (49) 30-7792-561 Fax: (49) 30-775-2075
        e-mail: hburger@...-berlin.de
        Web-Seite: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~hburger
      • Charles T. Kufs
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 1999
          On Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:49:29 -0000 HB603210 <HB603210@...> writes:
          > I am presently working on my final year project for a degree in
          Statistics
          > and the subject is "Spatial interpolation methods".
          > Does anybody know of any good web sites that I can use as a resource
          > tool to help me any of the following:
          > Trend surface analysis
          > Spatial interpolation
          > Regionalised variables
          > Variograms
          > Kriging

          Take a look at:

          http://members.home.net:80/terrabyte/t_surf.pdf
          http://members.home.net/terrabyte/interp.pdf

          Charlie Kufs

          ~~~~~ TERRABYTE CORPORATION
          ~~~~~ Statistics and Computer Technologies
          ~~~~~ Applied to Solving Environmental Problems
          ~~~~~ http://members.home.com/terrabyte
          ~~~~~ terrabyte@...