GEOSTATS: Trends II

  • Christopher David LLoyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1999
      Hello,

      This email is a follow-up to my email to the list of a week ago. I would
      like to thank Andrew Lister and Paulo Ribeiro who commented on (i) the
      need to adopt different approaches on the basis of the data and other
      issues and (ii) the potential of model-based geostatistics in dealing
      with non-stationarity.

      On the same theme, but more specifically, I would be interested to know
      what software list members are using for IRF-k kriging. I am dealing with
      quite large data sets (more than 50,000 observations in some cases). I am
      aware only of ISATIS, which I am unlikely to be able to access. If all
      else fails I will have to write something myself. Also, I have yet to
      encounter a satisfactory approach to estimation of the variogram for
      universal kriging (where the trend clearly affects the variogram in all
      directions), so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

      Best regards,

      Chris Lloyd