GEOSTATS: GIS and spatial analysis problem

  • Kari_Gunson@pch.gc.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi I am working on a research project that studies roadkills on the Trans-Canada
      Highway, a linear vector spanning over 141 miles. I am looking at hotspots, or
      clusters of roadkills along the highway, from small to large mammals. I am
      starting with a simple analysis that looks if the kills are related to the
      access points, (breaks in the wildlife fence). Firstly, I was wondering if
      someone knows a script that I can use that puts random points on my linear
      vector, so I can look at a Chi-square test or Hines test for randomness. (Do I
      need random points along the line vector or would a ploygon suffice?) Also once
      I have tested for clusters, or aggregation, how do I link these clusters to the
      access points. I am looking at a simple two step analysis, for testing for
      clusters, and are these clusters related to the access points. It would be
      great if someone could lead me in the right direction..............

      Thanks Kari