GEOSTATS: Robust Variograms

  • Simon Brewer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 1999
      Hi,

      I am trying to model the spatial structure of several data-sets using
      Variowin. Using the generalised variogram gives a clear variogram
      structure, with a range parameter which compares well with the
      distribution of the data points. The experimental variogram gives no
      clear spatial structure.

      Can I use the parameters (with some form of conversion) from a model
      fitted to the generalised variogram for interpolation?

      Also, could someone suggest references for the use of the relative
      variogram?

      Thanks in advance

      Simon

      Simon Brewer email: simon.brewer@...

      European Pollen Database
      (Laboratoire de Botanique Historique et Palynologie)
      (IMEP CNRS URA 1152)
      (Faculte St Jerome - Aix Marseille III)

      Centre Universitaire d'Arles
      Place de la Republique
      13200 Arles - France
      Tel: (33)-(0)4 90 96 18 18 Fax: (33)-(0)4 90 93 98 03