GEOSTATS: Simple algorithm for interpolation

  • Inge Frette
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 1999
      Hello,
      I am looking for a simple algorithm (eventually with code in C/C++) to do some
      simple interpolation of some points. My input will be some scattered points -
      typically heights in geological layers.
      I would then want to interpolate between these points to generate a
      rectangular grid -
      corrensponding to a geological surface.
      The algorithm doesn't have to be very good, but simple and easy to use and
      implement.
      It doesn't have to be implemented for specific geological purposes either;
      it can be a
      very general interpolation algorithm.

      If someone know of such an algorithm or could direct me to one - for
      example on the web -
      I would appreciate that.

      Thanks in advance !

      Best regards from Inge