GEOSTATS: Answers to spatial autocorrelation

  • Fernando Tomás Maestre Gil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 1999
      Dear all:

      Thanks to everybody for the fastest reply to my question. Here go some
      of the considerations I´ve received:

      * Javier Gallego, Andrew lister, Sytze de Bruin , Joel Chadoeuf and
      Andrew Liebhold gave me some useful papers about this subject:

      - De Gruijter J.J., Ter Braak, 1990, Model-free estimation from spatial
      samples: A reappraisal of classical sampling theory. Mathematical
      geology vol. 22, n. 4, pp 407-415.
      - STEIN, A., HOOGERWERF, M., and BOUMA, J., 1988. Use of soil-map
      delineations to improve (co-)kriging of point data on moisture deficits.

      Geoderma, 43, 163-177. This paper describes a test to investigate the
      significance of the
      differences in mean values between strata when the observations are
      (spatially) related (in the appendix).
      - SALDAÑA, A., STEIN, A., and ZINCK, J.A., 1998. Spatial variability of
      soil properties at different scales
      within three terraces of the Henares River (Spain). Catena, 33,
      139-153>.
      -Chadoeuf J., Capowiez Y., Kretzschmar A. & Dessart H. 1997.
      Testing interaction between a random area process and another spatial
      process: the analysis of spatial patterns of soil sections.
      Acta Stereol., 16/3, 251-258.
      - Chadoeuf J., Brix A., Pierret A. & Allard D.
      Local tests in agricultural research.
      International Conference on Stereology,
      Spatial Statistics and Stereology(S4G), Prague, June 21-24, 1999.
      -Clifford, Richardson and Hemon. 1989.Assessing the significnace of the
      correlation between two spatial process.
      Biometrics 45: 123-134.
      - Legendre, P. 1992. Spatial autocorrelation:
      trouble or new paradigm? Ecology 74: 1659-1673 who discusses this method

      in terms of ecological applications.

      * Christian Stögbauer gaves me the next internet sources:
      http://curie.ei.jrc.it/software/index.htm and
      http://www.stat.wisc.edu/statistics/survey/survey.html.

      * J. Alcántara recommended me to use Ripley´s K estimator, but the main
      problem is that I have no software to compute it.

      * R. Jiménez recommended me to use geostatistics. It´s one of the first
      things I have thinked and I would start to aply in the next days.

      Many thanks to all.

      Cheers!!

      Fernando T. Maestre
      Department of Ecology