GEOSTATS: Answers to spatial autocorrelation
- Dear all:
Thanks to everybody for the fastest reply to my question. Here go some
of the considerations I´ve received:
* Javier Gallego, Andrew lister, Sytze de Bruin , Joel Chadoeuf and
Andrew Liebhold gave me some useful papers about this subject:
- De Gruijter J.J., Ter Braak, 1990, Model-free estimation from spatial
samples: A reappraisal of classical sampling theory. Mathematical
geology vol. 22, n. 4, pp 407-415.
- STEIN, A., HOOGERWERF, M., and BOUMA, J., 1988. Use of soil-map
delineations to improve (co-)kriging of point data on moisture deficits.
Geoderma, 43, 163-177. This paper describes a test to investigate the
significance of the
differences in mean values between strata when the observations are
(spatially) related (in the appendix).
- SALDAÑA, A., STEIN, A., and ZINCK, J.A., 1998. Spatial variability of
soil properties at different scales
within three terraces of the Henares River (Spain). Catena, 33,
-Chadoeuf J., Capowiez Y., Kretzschmar A. & Dessart H. 1997.
Testing interaction between a random area process and another spatial
process: the analysis of spatial patterns of soil sections.
Acta Stereol., 16/3, 251-258.
- Chadoeuf J., Brix A., Pierret A. & Allard D.
Local tests in agricultural research.
International Conference on Stereology,
Spatial Statistics and Stereology(S4G), Prague, June 21-24, 1999.
-Clifford, Richardson and Hemon. 1989.Assessing the significnace of the
correlation between two spatial process.
Biometrics 45: 123-134.
- Legendre, P. 1992. Spatial autocorrelation:
trouble or new paradigm? Ecology 74: 1659-1673 who discusses this method
in terms of ecological applications.
* Christian Stögbauer gaves me the next internet sources:
* J. Alcántara recommended me to use Ripley´s K estimator, but the main
problem is that I have no software to compute it.
* R. Jiménez recommended me to use geostatistics. It´s one of the first
things I have thinked and I would start to aply in the next days.
Many thanks to all.
Fernando T. Maestre
Department of Ecology
University of Alicante
*To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@....
*As a general service to list users, please remember to post a summary
of any useful responses to your questions.
*To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@... with no subject and
"unsubscribe ai-geostats" in the message body.
DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list!