GEOSTATS: post processing of gslib simulation outputs

  • Andrew Lister
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 1999
      Hello,

      I'm interested in what people are using to post process gslib simulation outputs.  I've got some gigantic datasets, and would like to
      1. easily calculate the summary statistics of each realization, and convince myself that they are close to those of the original data
      2. be able to calculate variograms from each realization and convince myself that they are similar to that of the original dataset.

      I've used postsim for some things, and have used SAS for some things, but would REALLY like to use arcinfo or a simple fortran program to calculate the means, standard deviations, etc. of each realization.

      The output files are in band sequential format, and, theoretically, I should be able to write a header file and convert them to a stack of grids in arcinfo using imagegrid, with each realization being a different member of the stack.  Once that's done, my problem is solved.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work!

      Has anyone gotten this to work in arcinfo, and/or have any additional ideas about great ways to post process these simulation output files?? I've looked at the post processing software on the softfaq page (e.g. upfile/geostat office), and through the mail archives, but didn't find anything too rewarding Thanks!

      Andrew