Re: GEOSTATS: Mantel test software

  • Michele Scardi
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 1999
      Daniel Bebber wrote:
      > does anyone know of free or very cheap software for Windows that does Mantel
      > tests. ...

      Dan,

      a few years ago I wrote a very basic (literally, as it was written in
      Basic) Mantel test program and recently I ported it to Fortran in order
      to manage very large matrices. It was compiled using MS Fortran
      PowerStation (now Digital Visual Fortran), so it runs under WIn9x/NT as
      a console application (i.e. in a DOS window). However, the source code
      can be easily recompiled for other platforms. If you or other people in
      AI-Geostatistics need it, just drop me a line.

      Best,

      Michele

      P.S. If you are in a hurry, the old Basic version (source and .exe) can
      be found at the following URL:

      http://www.mare-net.com/mscardi/work/numecol/mantel.zip

      It has Italian prompts and it is limited to matrices that fit into the
      tiny MS-DOS memory space, but it works.
      --

      ---------------------------------------
      Michele Scardi