GEOSTATS: Laplacian In Surfer

  • N.Chahinian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 1999
      Hi,
      First of all my apologies to the people who are on the GW mailing list
      and who have received this message already. My problem is not
      necessarily related to geostatistics, but it involves a contouring
      software.
      I am an MSc student and as part of my thesis I am trying to use the
      Laplacian routine in SURFER to delimit recharge and discharge zones. I
      need to know how the Software calculates the Laplacian. Is it based on
      Head or Drawdown values? We tried modelling an area with two variable
      recharge rates. The results of the Laplacian analysis showed only
      negative values. This makes sense according to the Flow equations but
      not according to the SURFER manual !
      I would appreciate any input on this matter.
      Thanks
      Nanie

      Ms Nanie Chahinian
      MSc Hydrogeology